Successful Application | Indefinite Leave To Remain | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
- Our client had entered into an arranged marriage with his wife knowing that she had been married before and already had two children.
- A number of their family members flew to Pakistan from the UK to celebrate the marriage ceremony.
- Our client’s application to enter the UK which was supported by his wife, was granted and he arrived in the UK on 24 November 2015. His visa was due to expire on 20 August 2018.
- Immediately upon his arrival in the UK the relationship started to deteriorate in that our client:
- was forced to sleep in a separate room from his wife and never shared a bedroom with her.
- was deprived of any sort of social activity with his wife and the children.
- was denied proper access to his wages which were paid directly into his wife’s bank account enabling her to control any expenditure he wished to make.
- was subjected to his wife swearing at him, calling him names and stating that they were only together as her family forced her to marry him, and she was only with him to satisfy them.
- lived his life in solitude only speaking to his wife when he needed her to release some money to him to use, for example, for driving lessons, which requests were invariably denied.
- Our client became depressed and subdued, he lost a lot of weight.
- In due course our client returned home from work in June 2016 and found that his wife had changed the locks leaving him homeless without any money which his wife continued to control.
- Our client resided with his brother and his family, opened his own bank account in August 2016 and arranged for his wages to be paid into that account.
- Although family members sought a reconciliation, our client’s wife was not interested and issued a Divorce Petition in May 2018, which resulted in our client feeling extremely embarrassed, and fearing to return to Pakistan where he would mocked and laughed at given the attitude in that country’s culture to domestic abuse against a male.
- Our client lodged an application for Human Rights on 17th August 2018 but this was refused on 18th February 2019.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Immigration Team
- Following his unsuccessful application, our client provided us with detailed instructions enabling us to prepare and submit a DDV Concession Application on his behalf and which resulted in an initial three month visa being granted.
- Thereafter, we submitted a SET (DV) Application which had been meticulously prepared together with all required supporting evidence.
- It was accepted our client faced domestic abuse and coercive controlling behaviour with the result that he was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
If you are subjected to any similar issues to those set out above, we will be happy to advise and assist you in with regard to your immigration status in the UK.
At Kangs Solicitors we are vastly experienced in assisting clients who wish to pursue immigration applications of every nature.
If you find yourself in a position whereby you require immigration advice of any nature then please do not hesitate to contact our team.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team who will be happy to speak to you and guide you: