UK Fiancé Visa Application | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors discusses a recent case involving a successful Fiancé Visa application on behalf of a client.
- Our client, who is a British Citizen, met his partner, a Philippines’ national around October 2015 via Skype.
- They exchanged telephone numbers and spoke to each other on a regular basis with the result that their friendship developed and our client decided to travel to the Philippines so that they could meet.
- After a while it was decided that they wished to spend more time together before considering whether or not to make a lifelong commitment to each other.
- Sharan Rupra advised that they should seek a Fiancé Visa.
What is a Fiancé Visa? | Kangs Advisory Solicitors
The Fiancé Visa enables a person who has ‘settled status’ in the UK to bring their fiancé to join them in the UK.
It is often referred to as the ‘prospective marriage visa’ and they differ from other partner visa categories as there is there is no requirement for there to have been co-habitation prior to the application being made.
A Fiancé Visa allows entry into the UK for a period of six months during which time the applicant is required to marry and, once married, a spouse visa can be sought from within the UK.
If the marriage failed to take place within the period, the applicant would have to leave the UK.
Fiancé Visa Requirements
We advised our client that for his application to be successful a number of requirements had to be met which included :
- They must both be above 18 years of age.
- They must have the intention to permanently live together after marriage.
- All previous relationships/ marriages must have legally ended before the time of application.
- They must be able to prove that they have appropriate accommodation.
- They must have sufficient funds to support themselves.
The Application | Kangs Immigration Team
Whilst assessing our clients documents and preparing the Application, Sharan Rupra was instructed that our client was receiving disability living allowance.
However, Sharan Rupra was able to reassure our client that in the particular circumstances of his application, he would be exempt from meeting the financial requirement.
The on- line application was prepared and submitted and an appointment booked for submission of the supporting documentation.
Successful Result | Kangs Immigration Law Specialists
The Application was successful and the fiancée was issued with a Biometric Residence Permit granting her entry clearance to the UK.
Our highly grateful client commented:
‘Thank you very much for your hard work and patience. I will definitely be recommending your firm to others’.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi