Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
- Pre-Pack Administration
- Director Disqualification Investigations & Proceedings
- Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Insolvency Interviews (Section 235) & Court Examinations (section 236)
- Restrictions on the Re-use of Company Names
- Wrongful Trading & Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Insolvency Services Civil and Criminal Investigations
- Asset Tracing & Asset Recovery
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
The leading legal directory, Chambers & Partners UK (2021 edition) has recently been published and it has ranked Kangs Solicitors in Band 1 for criminal defence work.The ranking is the highest band that can be awarded to a law firm. Chambers & Partners is a...
Birmingham Magistrates’ Court has recently imposed a massive fine upon a Warwick based company (‘the company’) following an accident which sadly resulted in an employee suffering a fatal injury. The company had pleaded guilty to breaches of Health & Safety...
Kangs Solicitors has recently defended a seventy-seven-year-old male client who had admitted the crime of attempted murder of his wife. It was clear from the outset that our client, who was a man of previous good character, had acted totally out of character and...
In the recent case of The Official Receiver v Andrew Nathaniel Skeene & Junie Conrad Omari Bowers  EWHC 1252 (Ch) consideration was given to the request by the Serious Fraud Office (‘SFO’) to the Official Receiver for the disclosure of documents submitted...
Six defendants have recently been sentenced at Croydon Crown Court after defrauding vulnerable homeowners of more than four hundred and seventy thousand pounds for payment of bogus roof repairs. The Prosecution was conducted by Croydon Council and National Trading...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH