Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
- Pre-Pack Administration
- Director Disqualification Investigations & Proceedings
- Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Insolvency Interviews (Section 235) & Court Examinations (section 236)
- Restrictions on the Re-use of Company Names
- Wrongful Trading & Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Insolvency Services Civil and Criminal Investigations
- Asset Tracing & Asset Recovery
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
Under Section 103 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (‘the Act’) it is an offence to drive a motor vehicle on a road whilst disqualified from holding or obtaining a licence. An offence of this nature is dealt with in the Magistrates’ Court and considered a very...
Many businesses will receive a Notice of VAT Assessment and Penalty Notice from HMRC during the course of their existence. One such Notice of VAT Assessment from HMRC is based on the Kittel Principle. If you receive a Kittel Notice from HMRC it is important to act...
Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully assisted a client, a female Somalian national, obtain Further Leave to Remain in the UK under the Derivative Rights of Residence under the EEA Regulations. The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Solicitors Our client entered...
In view of the current turbulent and uncertain worldwide financial situation encompassing depressed property and stock markets and a potential decline in the value of assets generally, both now and in the foreseeable future, it is clear that those subject to the...
The powers of the Company Investigations arm of the Insolvency Service derive from the Secretary of State for the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy under the Companies Act 1985 (‘the Act’). Kangs Solicitors has expert teams of insolvency lawyers...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH