Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Director Disqualification
- Misfeasance Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Public Examinations – section 235 and 236 Insolvency Act Interviews
- Section 216 Insolvency Act Applications
- Wrongful and Fraudulent Trading
- Asset Tracing and Asset Recovery
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
More often than not, the superior financial resources of a proposed opponent deters many aggrieved prospective Claimants from pursuing their rights through the civil courts. Stuart Southall of Kangs Solicitors considers the case of Bentley 1962 Limited & Another v...
The Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 introduced Sexual Risk Orders (‘an Order’) which are controversial to the extent that an Application for an Order can be made even if the subject of the Application has not been convicted or cautioned for a sexual...
The Scrap Metal Dealer Act 2013 (‘the Act’) was enacted to regulate the industry and it creates criminal offences for those individuals and companies failing to comply. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors outlines some of the provisions. The Law | Kangs Scrap Metals...
The law makes provision for anyone subject to a Director Disqualification Order by virtue of a Disqualification Undertaking to apply to the court for its variation or even provide for it to cease to be in force. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors briefly discusses...
Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully acted for a client seeking the release of funds, which had been made the subject of an Account Freezing Order (‘AFO’), and which the Crown was seeking to forfeit. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors explains the circumstances....
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH