Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
- Pre-Pack Administration
- Director Disqualification Investigations & Proceedings
- Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Insolvency Interviews (Section 235) & Court Examinations (section 236)
- Restrictions on the Re-use of Company Names
- Wrongful Trading & Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Insolvency Services Civil and Criminal Investigations
- Asset Tracing & Asset Recovery
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
By virtue of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’), when determining the amount payable under a Confiscation Order, the Court is required to calculate the ‘available amount’ of the defendant to meet his debt based on the assets which are available. In circumstances...
In a previous article posted to this site entitled ‘Professional Regulation and Discipline’, we outlined the general nature of disciplinary proceedings which can be implemented in order to maintain the professional standards of those affected. In this article Tim...
It was with great sadness that the news of the tragic death of footballer Lee Collins was announced last week, aged just 32. Lee was a longstanding client of the Kangs Solicitors Sports Law Team and our relationship with him spanned his entire professional career. Our...
On 30 March 2021 the Crown Prosecution Service (‘the CPS’) launched its new strategy and announced plans to combat economic crime fraud costing society billions of pounds each year. Economic crime fraud attacks a wide range of assets including money, finance and...
Security Industry Authority | Unlicensed Operatives | Kangs Private Security Offences Defence Solicitors
The Private Security Industry Act 2001 (‘the Act’) laid out the regulatory framework for and created the Security Industry Authority (‘the SIA’) with the intent of raising and regulating standards. The SIA is also responsible for the compulsory licencing and training...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH