Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
- Pre-Pack Administration
- Director Disqualification Investigations & Proceedings
- Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Insolvency Interviews (Section 235) & Court Examinations (section 236)
- Restrictions on the Re-use of Company Names
- Wrongful Trading & Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Insolvency Services Civil and Criminal Investigations
- Asset Tracing & Asset Recovery
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
By virtue of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (‘the Act’), investigatory bodies such as the Police, National Crime Agency (‘NCA’) and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (‘HMRC’) are able to serve a Disclosure Notice (‘a Disclosure Notice’) to compel the...
In a previous article posted to this site we outlined two important requirements for anyone wishing to obtain an Operating Licence and the contents of Regulation (EC) 1071/2009 which defines the position of a Transport Manager. The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency...
The Times newspaper has recently reported that, according to Home Office sources, Priti Patel, the Home Secretary, plans to announce reforms to the extent that suspects of criminal activity can be bailed for a period of up to ninety days where deemed ‘necessary and...
The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘the Act’) established the Assets Recovery Agency and provides for the exercise of powers of seizure of assets in relation to Money Laundering, Restraint and Confiscation Proceedings. Sections 47A and 47B of the Act explain the identity...
In our previous article entitled ‘Re-identification of De-identified Personal Data’, we explained the nature of the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’) and powers arising under the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘the Act’). Our last article focused upon Section 171...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH