Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
- Pre-Pack Administration
- Director Disqualification Investigations & Proceedings
- Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Insolvency Interviews (Section 235) & Court Examinations (section 236)
- Restrictions on the Re-use of Company Names
- Wrongful Trading & Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Insolvency Services Civil and Criminal Investigations
- Asset Tracing & Asset Recovery
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
An infringement of a trademark may, as well as being actionable in civil law as an intellectual property claim, amount to a criminal offence for which a prosecution may follow and, in the event of the defendant(s) being found guilty, the court will have to consider...
Modern day slavery appears to be on the increase and incidents are now frequently reported in the press. Exploitation of individuals appears in many forms and is frequently an element in drug dealing throughout the country in respect of the activities generally known...
Innocent third parties frequently find themselves involved in Confiscation Proceedings brought against a convicted defendant under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’) with the prospect of suffering financial loss. The Team at Kangs Solicitors enjoys a...
Harrow Crown Court has recently imposed sentences upon a couple, who pleaded guilty, to fraudulent trading involving a plumbing services scam. Kangs has a specialist team defending individual and corporate clients in Trading Standards investigations. Amandeep Murria...
In a recent article posted to this site entitled ‘HMRC to Receive New Powers’, we reported that Government was set to hand tax officials draconian new powers to pursue the claw back of hundreds of millions of pounds representing falsely claimed furlough and Covid-19...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH