Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
We are experienced in matters of insolvency and restructuring, irrespective of the size and nature of the business.
Who Do We Act For?
Our Insolvency Team acts for a wide range of clients including:
- Individuals | Sole Traders | Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
What Type Of Insolvency Work Do We Do?
We have particular expertise in advising in relation to the following:
- Statutory Demands – issuing and setting aside
- Winding Up Petitions – issuing and defending
- Bankruptcy Petitions – issuing and defending
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
- Pre-Pack Administration
- Director Disqualification Investigations & Proceedings
- Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Insolvency Interviews (Section 235) & Court Examinations (section 236)
- Restrictions on the Re-use of Company Names
- Wrongful Trading & Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Insolvency Services Civil and Criminal Investigations
- Asset Tracing & Asset Recovery
Working For Insolvency Practitioners
Our team acts both for and against Insolvency Practitioners. This provides us with a well-rounded view of both sides of the coin, which knowledge and experience we use to each client’s benefit.
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners includes:
- Recovery of outstanding Director Loan Accounts
- Action against former Directors for:
- wrongful trading
- fraudulent trading
- transactions at under value
- disposals designed to put assets outside the reach of creditors
- breach of fiduciary duties.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester to explore the issues in your case and to provide an assessment of how we can assist you.
The team is intelligent, hardworking and determined to do a professional job
An acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
The lawyers are ‘knowledgeable and approachable’
HMRC is entitled to check the tax affairs of everyone whether they are individual taxpayers, directors or companies to ensure that the correct amount of tax is being paid. Timothy Thompson of Kangs Solicitors outlines the position. Kangs Solicitors fields a Tax Team...
Over a considerable period of time, a number of articles have been posted to this website explaining the complex provisions contained within various sections of The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’) covering Confiscation Proceedings. Such Confiscation Proceedings,...
In previous articles we have explained various aspects of The Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (‘AWRS’), including the consequences of failing to register and the fit and proper test which has to be satisfied upon application for registration. John Veale of...
Following the widely reported online racial abuse directed against several football players engaged in ‘the Penalty Shootout’, which decided the outcome of the Euros 2020 Football Competition, changes are being called for to extend the power of Football Banning Orders...
It frequently occurs that an individual, for whatever reason, can become involved in a criminal investigation or court proceedings before a Magistrates’ Court or Crown Court with the result that it is necessary to prove to the court that such individual is ‘of good...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH