Kangs Solicitors have been instructed to defend clients facing deportation from the UK as the result of criminal convictions imposed upon them by the Crown Court.
The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Team
- Both clients are Polish nationals exercising their EEA treaty rights by living and working in the UK without restriction.
- They were both recently convicted of offences before Crown Courts at Bristol and Wolverhampton and both have received custodial sentences of more than twelve months
- Notices have been received by both clients from the Home Office stating that it is intended to deport them.
- Each client has twenty working days from the date of service to provide representations to the Home Office as to why permission to remain in the UK should be granted.
- Kangs Immigration Team is currently working with both clients preparing their individual representations.
The Law | Kangs Immigration Advisory Team
- A non-British national convicted of an offence in the UK for which a custodial sentence of twelve months or more is handed down becomes subject to automatic deportation.
- The onus is on the convicted person to show to the Home Office why deportation should not be effected.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Advisory Solicitors
If you require assistance in relation to any threat of deportation, or any other immigration issue, our team, which can be contacted through either of the individuals shown below, will be pleased to hear from you.