Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
Cyber Crime and Computer Misuse Solicitors
We have been defending serious criminal cases for well over twenty years since the firm was originally established in 1997.
We have particular expertise in defending allegations of computer misuse and cyber crime where a computer or network is the source, tool, target or place of a crime.
We are rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country and we are top tier ranked by both the leading law directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Kangs Solicitors won the Legal 500 award for ‘Criminal & Fraud Law Firm of the Year’.
This is a first-class firm with unrivalled experience. The team is intelligent, hardworking and seems determined to do a professional job. Whether the case is serious or trivial the same amount of care is taken.
Call Us For Immediate Advice
We are here to guide clients through any cyber crime and computer misuse investigation or prosecution whether it is being conducted by the police or another investigating authority.
Our team can be contacted for immediate advice and assistance as follows:
- 020 7936 6396 London
- 0121 449 9888 Birmingham
- 0161 817 5020 Manchester
- 07989 521 210 24 Hours Number
We understand that facing investigation or prosecution for a cyber crime offence can be a distressing experience.
Our criminal defence solicitors offer a discrete, sensitive and professional service to individual and corporate clients.
Our Rapid Response Police Station Team provides our clients with a 24 hours service, 365 days of the year. The team consists of ten lawyers who are available to represent clients at any police station in the country.
We have a proven track record of defending cyber crime cases concerning computer systems and networks including:
- hacking and illegal access and use
- illegal interception
- Computer Misuse Act offences
- malware and ransomware
- phishing and spamming offences
- distributed denial of service (DDoS) and Botnet attacks
- circulation of viruses
- data interference and systems interference
- misuse of devices
- forgery and identity theft
- corporate espionage
- software piracy
- cryptocurrency related frauds
- boiler room frauds
- fraud offences pursuant to the Fraud Act 2006
- online romance and banking scams
- trademark and copyright infringements
- Data Protection Act breaches.
We have particular experience in cyber crime investigations that are:
- complex and require advanced technical I.T. skills
- international in their scope and require cross border issues to be addressed as a result of worldwide coordinated raids by law enforcement agencies such as Europol, the FBI and the US Secret Service
- voluminous in data size and require enhanced data management skills
- evidentially complex and require the defence to present admissibility challenges
- perceived to be a national security threat.
Who Investigates and Prosecutes Cyber Crime Cases?
We represent corporate and individual clients in relation to investigations and prosecutions brought by the Crown Prosecution Service and the National Crime Agency (NCA).
The most common criminal offences prosecuted include:
- offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990
- fraud and dishonesty offences under the Fraud Act 2006
- money laundering offences under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA)
- offences contrary to the Trade Marks Act 1994,
- offences pursuant to the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988
As well as against the NCA, we are also experienced in defending actions brought by private organisations who represent the film, games and music industries including:
- the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT),
- the Federation Against Software Theft (FAST),
- the Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA),
- the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI),
- the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) and
- other large corporations (such as Microsoft).
How Can We Help?
Our experienced team takes a proactive approach to cyber crime investigations and prosecutions.
We have longstanding relationships with the leading barristers and QCs in the country in this specialist area of law as well as with the leading independent I.T. forensic experts.
If you are facing investigation or prosecution for cyber crime, you need to ensure that your legal team can deal with complex issues of fact and law as well as have access to the best IT expertise to present your case in the best possible light.
The areas we can assist you with include:
- advice and representation in relation to investigations by any enforcement agency such as the NCA or FACT
- representation and attendance at a Dawn Raid and execution of a search warrant to ensure the investigators do not exceed their powers of search and seizure.
- advice on challenging the basis and legality of a search warrant
- liaising and negotiating with the enforcement agency on your behalf
- representation at interviews and meetings with the enforcement agency
- representation in any criminal proceedings such as a prosecution for offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, the Fraud Act 2006 and POCA 2002 (money laundering)
- civil claims acting for both claimants and defendants in Intellectual Property Disputes.
We provide advice and representation in the following related areas:
- FCA & Boiler Room Fraud Investigations
- Search Warrants and Dawn Raids
- Money Laundering Criminal Proceedings
- Proceeds of Crime (POCA)
- Data Protection Act and ICO Investigations
- Civil Claims involving Intellectual Property disputes acting for both the claimant and the defendant
Who Can I Contact For Help?
Hamraj Kang leads an award-winning team of lawyers nationally recognised for its excellence and expertise in computer misuse and cyber crime investigations by UK enforcement agencies.
We welcome enquiries by telephone or email.
We provide an initial no obligation consultation from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Alternatively, we provide initial consultations by telephone or video conferencing.
It is a top-notch firm with strength and depth
When considering the division of assets between separating couples, the court has to consider a wide range of factors one of which being the contribution that each party has made to the welfare of the family. Panay Vassiliou of Kangs Solicitors now considers the...
It is often the case that the parties to a marriage or civil partnership are unable to agree financial settlement terms upon the dissolution of their relationship. In these circumstances, it will be necessary to issue court proceedings in order to seek a resolution to...
Kangs Solicitors has been instructed to defend a client charged with Conspiracy to Convey Prohibited Articles (A & B) into one of Her Majesty’s Prisons. Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors outlines the relevant law. The team at Kangs Solicitors is highly...
It regularly occurs that grandparents feel that access to a grandchild(ren) is being unfairly denied, whatever the cause may be. The Family Law team at Kangs Solicitors is experienced in advising grandparents in disputes regarding residence and contact concerning a...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended at Stoke Crown Court a husband and wife charged with offences relating to the production of cannabis. Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors outlines the successful result which has been achieved. Kangs Solicitors has been...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH