As reported in the national press, Team Sky seeks a replacement clinical director for Dr. Richard Freeman who is alleged to have been involved in the delivery of testosterone patches to the Manchester Head Quarters which Team Sky shared with British Cycling.
The Circumstances | Kangs Solicitors Regulatory Team
- Testosterone is a prohibited substance which has, apparently, been regularly used in professional cycling to aid recovery.
- The GMC recently confirmed that they have the power to demand the delivery of the testosterone patches in question for examination.
- The Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) has the ability to suspend Dr Freeman from practice, or even permanently erase him from the medical register.
How We Can Help | Kangs National Regulatory Solicitors
- Kangs Solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with the MPTS, which will adjudicate a GMC investigation.
- If you have been suspended from practice pending investigation, we may be able to assist your return to practice.
- We are able to assist at any stage of fitness to practice proceedings involving the GMC, such as:
- assisting the GMC with requests for disclosure
- attending meetings with your local NHS Trust
- representation at Interim Orders Tribunal hearings
- negotiating the return to practice with conditions
Who Should I Contact? | Kangs Solicitors Regulatory Team
We have a team of highly skilled regulatory solicitors who can assist with matters concerning professional discipline.
If you need help in relation to a GMC investigation, please do not hesitate to contact our team through any of the following: