Delighted Client Cannabis Possession | Kangs Drugs Offences Defence Solicitor
Kangs Solicitors recently defended, at Birmingham Crown Court, a client, charged with Possessing a Controlled Drug of Class B with intent, contrary to section 5(3) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors explains how this highly satisfactory result was achieved.
Kangs Solicitors is rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country being ranked in both the leading legal directories, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field of criminal law. He is ranked in the top tier by both the leading directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Should you require any initial advice our team can be contacted as follows:
The Allegation | Kangs Serious Crime Defence Solicitors
The Prosecution alleged that during the Covid 19 pandemic, our client:
- was observed driving a motor vehicle alleged to be involved in supplying drugs;
- was arrested and found to be in possession of a substantial quantity of bags of cannabis, consistent with street dealing;
- was suspected of supplying drugs following examination of the content of text messages discovered on mobile phones which had been seized.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Illegal Substances Offences Defence Solicitors
Our client maintained that the cannabis was for his own personal use and by way of preparation of his defence, the Team at Kangs Solicitors:
- accompanied him throughout his interview at the Police Station during which he denied the allegation of drug dealing and ownership of the mobile phones which had been seized,
- examined all the material served by the Prosecution and obtained disclosure of further essential evidence,
- attended our client throughout obtaining his detailed instructions and advising him upon his position and the appropriate course to adopt,
- identified and instructed experienced counsel appropriate to present our client’s defence at court.
The Favourable Outcome | Kangs Drugs Offences Defence Team
Following detailed discussions with the Prosecution, it was agreed that the issue could be resolved by a Guilty Plea by our client to simple possession of the cannabis.
- a Guilty Plea to simple possession of the cannabis was formally entered at the Crown Court,
- our client received a fine and was ordered to pay costs and a victim surcharge.
Our client was extremely delighted with the result which had been achieved by the Team at Kangs Solicitors on his behalf.
How to Contact Us | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we understand the pressures faced by clients when faced with any allegation of criminal conduct and the attention to detail and commitment required to the preparation of a client’s defence when seeking the most successful result available.
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any allegations of criminal activity, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: