Kangs Solicitors has successfully obtained the reduction in the amount payable under a Confiscation Order made against our client. The application to vary the Available Amount in the original Confiscation Order was made pursuant to section 23 Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA).
Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors explains the successful application.
Kangs Solicitors is nationally recognised for its work in Cash Forfeiture and POCA proceedings and the legal directory Chambers & Partners (2021 edition) has again recognised us as one of the leading POCA & Asset Forfeiture law firms in the country.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please call our Team at any of our offices detailed below:
The Circumstances | Kangs Confiscation and Restraint Order Solicitors
- On 31 March 2021 at Northampton Crown Court, a Confiscation Order was made against our client containing a ‘Benefit Figure’ of £85,673.01 with an ‘Available Amount’ towards discharging his debt of £7850.00.
- As only the sum of £100.00 had been paid, our client faced a default sentence of four months imprisonment if the balance remained unpaid.
- Our client’s motor vehicle was valued at £7750.00 and whilst he undertook all reasonable steps to sell it he realised that a sale would be insufficient to satisfy the debt of £7750.00 required to satisfy the Available Amount.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Confiscation Order Variation Solicitors
- Initially, following our Application, the Court extended the time available for payment by a month to enable the sale of the vehicle.
- Our team at Kangs Solicitors obtained detailed instructions from our client and expert valuations to demonstrate the motor vehicle was worth considerably less than the amount used in the Confiscation Order calculations.
- Detailed representations were submitted by the Kangs team to the Crown which agreed to our application under section 23 POCA to reduce the ‘Available Amount’ from £7850.00 to £2667.67 representing the £100 initially paid plus £2,567.67, being the amount for which the vehicle was sold.
Naturally, our client was extremely grateful for this outcome which resulted from the endeavours on the part of the team at Kangs Solicitors and which removed the fear of imprisonment which are client faced.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Proceeds of Crime Act Solicitors
If you find yourself requiring an application to vary the amount to your original Confiscation Order, or financial restraint proceedings of any nature, it is essential that you have the support and guidance of experienced solicitors from the outset.
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team which is very well versed in POCA, cash seizures and all manner of restraint procedures.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field by both legal directories Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and also ranked in Chambers & Partners.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the following who will be happy to discuss your problem with you: