Immigration Health Surcharge Fees | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which was introduced in 2015, allows anyone in the UK by virtue of a work, study or family visa for over six months to access the same NHS medical services as those available to UK Citizens.
The IHS is payable by anyone, including dependants under the age of eighteen, making an immigration application, inside or outside the UK who is a national of a country outside the European Economic Area applying for a visa to work, study or join family in the UK for a period exceeding six months.
Everyone (including those who are exempt) must use the online Immigration Health Surcharge website in order to obtain an IHS reference number for inclusion in their application form.
The Immigration (Health Charge) (Amendment) Order 2018 doubled the amount of the HIS on 8th January 2019.
Who Is Exempt From Paying The Immigration Heath Surcharge?
The IHS does not affect those:
- applying for indefinite leave to remain
- seeking asylum or applying for humanitarian protection
- applying for discretionary leave to remain in the UK as someone who has been identified as a victim of slavery of human trafficking
- classified as a domestic worker and identified as a victim of slavery of human trafficking
- seeking the Home Office domestic violence concession
- classified as a diplomat or member of armed forces not subject to or exempt from immigration control
How Much Do You Have To Pay?
- Student or Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) - £300.00 per year
- All other applications - £400.00 per year
Consequences Of Failure To Pay
The UK Visas and Immigration will send an email requiring payment of the IHS within:
- ten working days to those inside the UK
- seven working days to those outside the UK
and failure to pay within that period will result in the application being refused.
How Can We Help? | Specialist Immigration Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors has an established specialist Immigration department, able to assist in all aspects of asylum and immigration at all stages from application preparation to representation at Tribunal and any subsequent Appeal Hearings.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through either of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi