Kangs Solicitors have recently successfully represented a client, who had previously been convicted of a drugs related offence, in connection with proceedings brought against him under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’).
Frances Murray of Kangs Solicitors reports the outcome of the proceedings before Northampton Crown Court.
The Prosecution Case | Kangs National POCA Defence Team
It was alleged that our client had benefited financially to the tune of £1,098,842.20 as the result of his criminal conduct.
Additionally, the Prosecution maintained that our client enjoyed the benefit of hidden assets totalling £45,406.80.
How We Assisted | Kangs Solicitors POCA Experts
- All of the available financial material was analysed and assessed
- Detailed instructions were taken from our client
- All of the relevant procedural documents setting out our client’s position were meticulously prepared
- Detailed negotiations were conducted with the Prosecution.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Confiscation Solicitors
- The Prosecution allegation of the existence of hidden assets in the sum of £45,406.80 was totally abandoned
- Our client’s alleged benefit from criminal conduct was very substantially reduced from £1,098,842.20 to the sum of £378,000.
- As the result of our submissions, we succeeded in securing an agreement that the available amount to our client for settlement of his debt was £1.00.
Our client was, understandably, absolutely delighted with this outcome.
How Can We Help? | Kangs National Financial Crime Solicitors
We have conducted many such cases ranging in value from millions of pounds to comparatively modest amounts and we have a wealth of experience in this field.
Kangs Solicitors’ complex crime and regulatory team provides a national service.
Below is a sample of cases conducted by our highly experienced team.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Financial Crime Solicitors
If you are an individual, sole trader, partnership or company, we are here to assist you manage your contact with the prosecuting authority and advise you on any confiscation proceedings.
Our expert team of Solicitors can be contacted through any one of the following: