Kangs Solicitors has been defending a client charged with offences of possession of a disguised firearm and production and possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
Cagin Husnu of Kangs Solicitors sets out the details.
The Circumstances | Kangs Drugs and Firearms Defence Team
- During a search of premises being rented by our client, police seized a disguised firearm and discovered that several cannabis plants were being cultivated
- These alleged offences could, upon conviction, have resulted in our client receiving a substantial custodial sentence.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Criminal Trial Preparation Team
- Having taken detailed instructions from our client, Kangs Solicitors were able to prove to the Prosecution that their evidence was flawed as it failed to take account of another occupant of the property.
- Accordingly, it was put to the Prosecution that the disguised firearm could not be proven to be in the possession of our client or that he had any role in the cultivation of cannabis.
- Kangs Solicitors identified and instructed a suitable highly experienced QC to represent our client.
- After extensive negotiations, the Prosecution agreed not to offer any evidence in relation to the disguised firearm offence and to accept lesser pleas to the offences relating to the cannabis.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Serious Crime Defence Solicitors
At the Sentencing Hearing, the Judge imposed a Community Order upon our client with a single condition to carry out unpaid work.
How Can We Help? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
If we can assist, please do not hesitate to contact us through any of the following: