Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Spouse Visa Extension Solicitor
Anyone currently in the UK by virtue of a Spouse Visa, must apply for an extension before its expiration.
It is advisable to apply for the extension prior to expiry of the current visa.
A person seeking to remain in the UK as a spouse must satisfy the requirements of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
What Are The Requirements?
The mandatory requirements for further leave to remain as a spouse are:
- it must be demonstrated that the relationship is ‘genuine and subsisting’ and that there exists an intention to continue living together permanently. Furthermore, there must be evidence of cohabitation since leave was originally granted.
- the financial requirements can be met.
- there must be suitable accommodation available which is not overcrowded.
- the English language requirements, at Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, must be met, although there are some exemptions to this rule affecting:
1. applicants who have a degree or equivalent qualification in any subject, as long as the teaching was in English,
2. applicants from a majority English speaking country, as defined by the UK Visas and Immigration
3. applicants over the age of sixty five or suffering a physical or mental impairment which would make passing the test difficult.
- the suitability requirements which relate to character, conduct and previous immigration history must be met.
- no more than one hundred and eighty days may be spent outside of the UK in any twelve months period
Recently there have been talks about the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants resident in the UK with the intent to legalise their status. Sharan Rupra, immigration law specialist at Kangs Solicitors comments upon amnesties generally. Previous Amnesties | Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
How Can We Help?
If you are seeking to remain in the UK on the basis of your relationship with a British national settled in the UK, we can assist you in the process from start to finish. Accurate preparation of all documentation in advance of the deadline is absolutely essential.
Immigration Rules are strict and costly application fees have to be produced.
The presentation of inadequate or inaccurate documents may not only result in the forfeiture of such fees but the applicant becoming an ‘over stayer’, subject to deportation.
At Kangs Solicitors we have specialist Immigration solicitors available to assist in all aspects of Immigration Law and the preparation of essential visa applications.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH