Successful Outcome | Not Guilty Of Sexual Assault
Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended an eighty-two years old client at Manchester Crown Court who was unanimously acquitted of six counts of serious sexual assault, contrary to the Sexual Offences Act 1956.
The allegations were of an historical nature and had the alleged offences been committed after the inception of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, they would have been prosecuted as offences of rape.
Sukhdip Randhawa outlines how this successful outcome was achieved.
Kangs Solicitors has been defending clients accused of criminal offences of every nature, including sexual offences, for over 25 years and is recognised as one of the leading criminal defence firms in the country, being highly ranked by the leading legal directories Chambers UK and The Legal 500.
We appreciate the strain and anxiety caused to individual and families when facing allegations of a serious nature and we are here to assist you to alleviate such difficulties and pressures. We have a team of highly experienced lawyers who will treat all enquiries with empathy and discretion.
Our team can be contacted for confidential and discreet advice as follows:
24 Hours Number
The Circumstances | Kangs Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
Our client was an elderly man of good character who had worked all his life and retired to Anglesey, Wales.
One of his two stepdaughters alleged to the Police that she had been seriously sexually assaulted by our client, her stepfather, in the mid-1960s when she was aged between seven and nine years old.
A Police investigation commenced, following a referral to a psychotherapist which led to the eventual prosecution.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Criminal Offences Defence Solicitors
The Team at Kangs Solicitors assisted our client, who had always maintained his innocence throughout the whole proceedings and, inter alia:
- Obtained disclosure documents from the Police Officer and attended our client at interview
- Attended our client at his home taking his detailed instructions, discussing the various options available and the appropriate course of action to follow to pursue a successful defence
- Examined in detail and considered all of the Prosecution case material
- Obtained detailed witness evidence and supportive Character Statements
- Made detailed applications to the court to allow our client to participate initially in court proceedings from his local court centre to avoid unnecessary lengthy travel commitments
- Identified and instructed specialist Kings Counsel to represent our client us in court and attended conferences with both counsel and our client
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Crown Court Trial Solicitors
Following a six-day Trial, the Jury acquitted our client within two hours of retiring to consider their verdict.
Our client felt totally vindicated but at the same time relieved at the verdict and commented:
A huge thank you for your help and support.
How Can We Help? | Kangs National Serious Crime Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we understand the pressures upon clients when faced with an allegation of criminal conduct and the understanding and intention to detail and commitment each client will require in the pursuit of a successful conclusion.
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our Team is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or alternatively we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conference.
If you are facing an investigation in respect of an allegation of criminal conduct, including those of a sexual nature, it is essential that you seek immediate expert legal advice.