Kangs Solicitors have been acting on behalf of a client, who is the director of a company, in the defence of confiscation proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) brought against him at Bournemouth Crown Court and which were initiated by Trading Standards.
The Circumstances | Kangs Trading Standards Solicitors
- The Prosecution served a very detailed assessment claiming that our client’s Benefit Figure, as defined by POCA, amounted to a sum in excess of one million pounds.
- Kangs POCA team examined and analysed the material served by the Prosecution in considerable detail.
- Detailed instructions were taken from our client and a substantive response to the allegations was prepared and served on the Prosecution.
- Detailed negotiations were conducted with the Prosecution’s Financial Investigator.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs POCA Defence Team
- The Prosecution’s alleged benefit figure in excess of one million pounds was reduced to £525,358.25
- Negotiations resulted in the amount actually payable by our client being agreed at £54,560.
- As is to be expected, our client was delighted with the outcome.
How Can We Help? | Kangs POCA Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we are able to offer a wealth of experience in dealing with confiscation proceedings, enforcement proceedings, cash seizures and restraint orders.
Kangs Solicitors are ranked nationally for POCA and asset forfeiture work. The team is lead by Hamraj Kang, with the Chambers & Partners Directory recently quoting:
“Hamraj Kang is a standout lawyer for POCA work. His technical knowledge is impressive, combined with his passion and client care”
“They are excellent in their client care and have a technical knowledge of POCA and asset forfeiture work which is, in my view, far superior to other firms”
“Kangs has a team of POCA lawyers with considerable experience and strength in depth. The high quality multi-million pound work that the firm is regularly instructed in, is indicative of the high-quality lawyers that work in the team”
Our team can assist with the following:
- Post confiscation proceedings
- Section 23 POCA Applications (to vary the available assets figure after a Confiscation Order has been made)
- Advising third parties who are made subject to Confiscation Orders or Restraint Orders
- Representation in relation to pre-charge and post-charge restraint proceedings
- Cash seizure and forfeiture
- Preparing for contested cash seizure proceedings in the Magistrates’ Court
- Civil Asset Recovery | Civil Recovery Orders | Property Freezing Orders
Who Can I Contact For Assistance? | Kangs National Financial Crime Solicitors
If you find yourself subject to Confiscation Proceedings, a Restraint Order or any financial investigation arising from alleged criminal activity of any sort, please do not hesitate to contact one of the following for an initial consultation: