Kangs Solicitors have successfully represented a client at Bournemouth Crown Court in respect of proceedings initiated by Trading Standards, pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’).
The Financial Claim | Kangs POCA Defence Team
It was the Prosecution’s contention that our client had enjoyed a financial benefit in excess of £1million as the result of criminal activity.
Detailed negotiations were conducted by Kangs POCA Team which resulted in the following settlement figures being reached:
- Benefit figure i.e the financial benefit to our client: £525,358.25
- Confiscation Order i.e the amount of debt to be paid: £54,560
Settlement Of Claim | Kangs Financial Order Defence Team
- Following the sale of his car and a property, our client was still unable to discharge the debt of £54,560 as the valuations previously obtained and relied on could not be achieved.
- As our client had no further assets to realise Kangs team prepared and issued an application pursuant to section 23 of POCA seeking to reduce the amount
- Further negotiations resulted in the debt being reduced to the amount already paid by our client thereby leaving him with nothing further to pay.
Naturally, our client was delighted with the successful outcome achieved on his behalf.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Solicitors POCA Team
Kangs Solicitors are ranked nationally for POCA and asset forfeiture work. The team is lead by Hamraj Kang, with the Chambers & Partners Directory recently quoting:
“Hamraj Kang is a standout lawyer for POCA work. His technical knowledge is impressive, combined with his passion and client care”
“They are excellent in their client care and have a technical knowledge of POCA and asset forfeiture work which is, in my view, far superior to other firms”
“Kangs has a team of POCA lawyers with considerable experience and strength in depth. The high quality multi-million pound work that the firm is regularly instructed in, is indicative of the high-quality lawyers that work in the team”
Our team can assist with the following:
- Post Confiscation Proceedings
- Section 23 POCA Applications (to vary the available assets figure after a Confiscation Order has been made)
- Advising third parties who are made subject to Confiscation Orders or Restraint Orders
- Representation in relation to pre-charge and post-charge Restraint Proceedings
- Cash seizure and forfeiture
- Preparing for contested cash seizure proceedings in the Magistrates’ Court
- Civil asset recovery
Who Can I Contact For Assistance? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
If you are subject to Confiscation Proceedings, a Restraint Order or any other application pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, please do not hesitate to contact one of the following for an initial consultation: