Kangs Solicitors instructed in Binary Fraud Investigation | Fraud Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors have been instructed to represent a client who is being investigated by the City of London Police in relation to a Binary Options trading fraud and money laundering.
It is alleged that our client was a senior broker of an investment scheme based in the City of London. Potential investors were being cold called and advised in relation to Binary Options trading as an alternative investment. It is suggested that investment opportunities were misrepresented and the level of potential returns was inflated. It is further alleged that trading platforms, which investors used to place trades, were manipulated in order to cause the investors to lose their money.
Police have received complaints from over 150 investors. At this early stage it is thought the alleged fraud exceeds £2million.
What is Binary Option trading?
The definition of binary in the Oxford Dictionary is “something having two parts”. Binary Option trading has only two investment possibilities. You either predict the rise or fall of an asset. Choosing an asset is the first step of the process. For instance, if you have an interest in gold prices, you may choose to place a binary investment in gold.
What assets can be traded as Binary Options?
The following can be traded as Binary Options:
- Forex: Combinations for all the major currencies such as, for example: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY and AUD.
- Indices: Such as Dow Jones, Nasdaq and FTSE.
- Stocks: The stocks of the largest global companies can be invested in as a Binary Option trade such as, for example; Google, Nike, Deutsche Bank and British Petroleum.
- Commodities: Such as Gold, Silver, Rare Earth Metals, Diamonds, Oil, Corn and Coffee.
How we can help? |Contact Us | Kangs Fraud Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we are able to offer a wealth of experience in defending clients accused of involvement in all aspects of financial fraud and money laundering.
We have a successful specialist fraud department with a team of solicitors dedicated to defending allegations of this nature.
Should you become involved in or be accused of any fraudulent activity and require any guidance and advice then please do not hesitate to contact any of our below mentioned solicitors who will be pleased to meet you for an initial free consultation.
If you have been invited to attend an interview with the City of London Police, The Serious Fraud Office, The Financial Conduct Agency <link to FCA page> or any other Police force or Government agency we can provide a specialist Solicitor to represent you <link to police investigation page>.
- challenging the Restraint Order
- applying to the Crown Court to seek any variation to any part of the Order which is unreasonable
- seeking the release of a lump some of money from frozen capital or an increase in the weekly living allowance permitted by the Order
Contact our team of expert solicitors through any of the following: