Successful Complaint against Police Officer | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors are frequently instructed to pursue complaints against the police on behalf of clients who feel they have been treated unfairly, inappropriately or illegally.
The procedure for lodging complaints has been outlined previously on this website and can be accessed here.
Cagin Husnu of Kangs Solicitors outlines a recent successful complaint.
The Circumstances | Kangs Police Complaint Advisory Team
Our client was arrested for an alleged public order offence by a police officer who, he complained, had been harassing him ever since he had been acquitted by a Court in 2012.
In the process of arresting our client, the police officer discharged a taser into his face causing substantial injuries requiring urgent hospital treatment.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Criminal Defence Team
- We met with our client, took detailed instructions from him, advised upon his position and the appropriate way in which to proceed
- full details of the injuries sustained were obtained
- a formal complaint was prepared in detail and lodged with the Professional Standards Department of West Midlands Police which resulted in conduct of the matter immediately passing to the Independent Office of Police Complaints (IOPC).
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Police Complaint Solicitors
- Following a lengthy investigation, the IOPC decided that the police officer should be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm against our client
- the successful application pursued by Kangs Solicitors resulted in the prosecution against our client being discontinued.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
The team at Kangs Solicitors includes experts in advising clients, preparing representations and pursuing complaints in respect of unacceptable conduct by individuals and organisations including police forces throughout the UK.
If you require any advice and assistance relating to a proposed complaint please do not hesitate to contact our team through any of the following: