On the 14th January 2019 Richard Hall appeared before Liverpool Crown Court in relation to offences of fraud and perverting the course of justice following a joint investigation by the Insolvency Service and Merseyside Police.
Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors outlines the circumstances.
The Circumstances | Kangs Financial Crime Advisory Team
- Whilst trading as an estate agent, Richard Hall defrauded a number of people out of forty thousand pounds.
- Two months before he was made bankrupt for the second time, he sold a company claiming to be the full owner, when in fact there was a third party investor.
- Following this second bankruptcy, it was discovered that he had tried to undermine the Official Receiver’s investigation into his financial affairs by the concealment of a bank account and shares in a company. Despite being registered at Companies House, he denied owning the shares.
- At Court, it was shown that he had produced banking material designed to pervert the course of justice.
The Outcome | Kangs Insolvency Offence Advisory Solicitors
Following two trials, Richard Hall was convicted of seven offences for which he received an immediate jail sentence of four and a half years.
John Fitzsimmons, Chief Investigator of Criminal Investigations for the Insolvency Service, said:
“This has been an extensive investigation covering many areas of criminality and we welcome the sentence handed down by the courts, which we hope serves as a warning to those who think they can renege on their responsibilities toward the Insolvency Service when bankrupt.”
How Can We Assist? | Who Should I Contact? | Kangs Insolvency Team
For further details in relation to Insolvency issues please review other articles on the same issue such as:
- Director Disqualification | CET | Kangs Insolvency Defence Solicitors
- The Insolvency Service | Director Disqualification
- New Proposals | Insolvency Service | Kangs Director Disqualification Solicitors
Upon receipt of a CET letter, or similar from any other authority, it is essential that you contact us immediately and speak to one of our specialist solicitors who will be happy to provide some initial advice and guide you from the outset.
Please feel free to contact our Team through any of the following: