Our History | Pedigree | Awards
We have been defending criminal cases for well over twenty years since the firm was originally established in 1997.
We are rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country and we are top ranked in both the leading legal directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Kangs Solicitors won the Legal 500 award for ‘Criminal & Fraud Law Firm of the Year’.
‘This is a first-class firm with unrivalled experience. The team is intelligent, hardworking and seems determined to do a professional job. Whether the case is serious or trivial the same amount of care is taken’
Call Us For Immediate Advice
We are here to assist clients with any criminal investigation or prosecution whether it is being conducted by the police or another investigating authority.
Our team can be contacted for immediate advice and assistance as follows:
- 020 7936 6396 London
- 0121 449 9888 Birmingham
- 0161 817 5020 Manchester
- 07989 521 210 24 Hours Number
What Do We Do?
We understand that facing investigation or prosecution for a criminal offence can be a distressing experience.
Our criminal defence solicitors offer a discrete, sensitive and professional service to individual and corporate clients.
Our Rapid Response Police Station Team provides our clients with a 24 hours service, 365 days of the year. The team consists of ten lawyers who are available to represent clients at any police station in the country.
We have extensive experience defending a full range of criminal offences including:
Who Do We Act For?
We act for a wide range of clients including financial, medical and legal professionals, youths, company executives, sports and media personalities and private individuals.
A sample of recent work includes:
- Politician accused of sexual offences
- Accountant investigated for financial misconduct offences
- TV presenter accused of sexual offences
- Premier League footballer accused of driving offences
- Solicitor and Partner of national law firm facing allegations of fraud and misappropriation of funds
- Company director accused of evasion of VAT and excise duty
- Media personality accused of historic sexual offences
- Surveyor facing fraud allegations
- International cricketer accused of driving offences
- City professional accused of domestic violence
- European national accused of murder
- Premier League footballer accused of sexual offences
- Solicitor accused of multimillion-pound fraud
- City professional accused of assault
- Company director accused of people trafficking
- International company facing cyber-crime allegations
Who Do We Act Against?
We have significant expertise and experience in acting in investigations and prosecutions conducted by many of the major investigating authorities including:
- Police Fraud Squads and Economic Crime Units
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA)
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- City of London Police
- Metropolitan Police
- British Transport Police (BTP)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Federation Against Copyright & Software Theft (FACT)
- UK Border Agency (UKBA)
- Trading Standards
- Department of Works and Pensions (DWP)
- Ministry of Defence Police
Our Commitment To You
Whether the allegation is relatively minor or serious and complex, with a national or international dimension, our criminal defence solicitors understand that being under investigation, under arrest or charged and facing prosecution for an offence is a stressful, worrying and confusing time.
Our commitment is to:
- provide first class proactive advice and representation based on our many years’ experience
- act as an interface on your behalf with the police, investigators and prosecuting authorities
- defend you with vigour and protect your interests at all times
- proactive advice and assistance to clients who have reason to suspect that they may be at risk of a police or regulatory investigation
- advise you at the police station if you are subject to an interview under caution, either voluntarily or under arrest.
- provide advice and assistance at any proceedings in the Magistrates’ Court or Crown Court and where necessary, instruct the most appropriate counsel and forensic experts to assist with the case analysis, preparation and presentation.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
Our expert criminal defence team is here to assist you and is available 24/7 on telephone number 07989 521 210.
Hamraj Kang leads the award-winning team of lawyers nationally recognised for its excellence and expertise in the area of criminal defence work.
We welcome enquiries by telephone or email.
We provide an initial no obligation consultation from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Alternatively, we provide initial consultations by telephone or video conferencing.
“They are the market leaders for serious crime”
“It is a first-rate team that is dedicated to its clients and is tenacious in challenging the prosecution”
“The extremely well-run, dedicated and professional team at Kangs Solicitors is best known for its strengths in complex fraud and serious crime cases”
“It is a deluxe firm which pulls out all the stops for its clients”
“Hamraj Kang, who has a superb grasp of complex and demanding cases, heads the team at Kangs Solicitors. Clients admire his simple-to-understand advice and brilliant tactics. A true master of litigation”
“Kangs Solicitors fields a first rate team that continues to attract serious criminal cases nationwide from murders to multi-million pound conspiracies and people trafficking cases. There is frequently an international element to these cases”