Kangs Solicitors offer an extensive service in Sports Law and Management.
Our team of lawyers have acted for international sports clients ranging from Premiership footballers, international cricket captains and world championship boxers.
We have particular expertise in football related matters. We are FA Registered Intermediaries under the FA Regulations on Working with Intermediaries. Our lawyers currently represent numerous professional football players in the top four divisions of English football.
We are able to act for clients throughout the country from our offices in the 3 major commercial cities of England – London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Why choose us?
- As a firm of solicitors we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and are also subject to the FA rules and regulations.
- The solicitors rules of professional conduct impose a duty on all solicitors to act in the best interests of their client. As a result our clients are assured of financial transparency at all times.
- We bring the resources of an entire law firm to any deal or matter that we are conducting. This is important when dealing with tight deadlines and restrictive transfer windows. In short we have the resources and capacity to make deals happen.
- Kangs Solicitors was established in 1997 and we have a stellar reputation in the legal profession for the work we undertake as evidenced by our inclusion in the independent legal directories (Legal 500 and Chambers UK) each year.
- A regular Registered Intermediary is not in a position to provide the intricate legal advice that we can provide as detailed in the SERVICES SECTION below.
We offer our clients the following services:
Contract & Transfer Negotiations
- We are Registered Intermediaries under the FA Regulations on Working with Intermediaries.
- As trained lawyers we have received formal training in the art of negotiation. Simply put we are legally trained negotiators.
- We have experience of negotiating with some of the most powerful and robust organisations and agencies and therefore we are well equipped to handle negotiations with football clubs and their Chief Executives.
- As lawyers we are under a professional obligation to achieve the best outcome for our client and we cannot have any competing or conflicting interests.
- We offer our extensive legal knowledge and experience to guide clients through the variety of specialist sports contracts.
- It’s our experience that knowledge contributes significantly to informed decision making. We therefore provide a due diligence service. Enhancing the amount and quality of information available to our clients prior to negotiations allows us to offer peace of mind that they are fully equipped with all the relevant information prior to the signing of contracts.
Career Planning & Management
- We take pride in representing our clients and building long term relationships.
- We provide positive and pro-active advice to our clients to ensure that they maximise their earnings and their sporting potential.
- Our FA Registered Intermediaries have an extensive network of contacts within professional football and we seek to match our clients to the best available clubs.
- As lawyers we assure both the player and the club of absolute discretion and confidentiality to ensure that any deal or contract negotiations progress without any hindrance.
- Our lawyers are well versed in representing clients before a wide range of Courts and Tribunals.
- We provide advice on disciplinary procedures and processes.
- We provide advice and representation in relation to both internal disciplinary cases as well as before disciplinary panels and hearings.
Criminal & Motoring Offences
- We offer our Sports Law clients the full range of representation in relation to all criminal and road traffic/motoring matters.
- We are ranked as top tier criminal lawyers by the two leading independent legal directories – the Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Our aim is to provide our clients with commercially astute legal advice and assistance so that they can maximise their earning potential both during their sporting career and after their career has come to an end.
We are able to assist our clients with the following:
- Image Rights
- Financial Planning
- Wealth Management
Football Club Representation
- As well as footballers, football clubs also value the advice of experienced professional lawyers. We are happy to provide such advice and assistance to football clubs.
- The mandate can include advising a club in relation to a specific transfer deal; acting on behalf of the club to sell a current player and source a buying club; or acting on behalf of the club to secure a particular player.
- As lawyers we are obliged to maintain confidentiality and clubs appreciate the security and discretion that lawyers can bring to a deal.
- We can offer clubs a confidential due diligence and risk assessment service, which provides clubs with enhanced intelligence that could be required to make informed decisions prior to commencement of player negotiations.
Lifestyle | Concierge Services
We are able to offer our established clients a bespoke lifestyle service which caters for a wide array of needs such as :
- re-location and related legal services
- security, risk assessment and crisis management service provided by appropriately qualified personnel.
- We appreciate that the need for advice and assistance can be urgent and at short notice. We operate a 24/7 service via our Rapid Response Number 07989 521210.