Within the firm, we have an extremely knowledgeable and experienced Motoring Law Department which, from time to time, reports on this website upon particular court cases with which we have been involved or the significance of changes in the law.
Most motorists probably believe that they are well acquainted with the laws of the road but, upon the basis that ‘ignorance of the law is no defence’, we highlight a few offences which may just cause surprise!!
The Following Activities Amount to Criminal Offences | Kangs Motoring Law Advisors
- Paying with your mobile phone at a ‘Drive through’- this amounts to using your phone at the wheel and could result in a £200 fine plus six points on your license.
- Using your mobile phone as a ‘satnav’ without properly securing it to your car. Again, this could attract a £200 fine and six points.
- Allowing a passenger to hold a baby. New safety laws require a baby to be secure in a properly affixed child seat and a breach attracts a fine of £100.
- Deliberately driving through a puddle thereby splashing pedestrians could attract a fine of up to £5,000 as well as three points.
- Making hand gestures or swearing at other drivers constitutes ‘disorderly behavior,’ attracting a fine of up to seventy five per cent of your weekly income.
- Using your horn, other than to warn others of your presence, could attract a fine up to one thousand pounds.
- Failing to display a legible number plate because, by way of example, it is dirty, may attract a fine of up to one thousand pounds.
- As opposed to speeding, driving too slowly beneath the prevailing speed limit could attract nine points, if such driving is considered to be creating a danger.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Driving Offence Solicitors
There can be but few breaches of the multitude of motoring laws that our Team has not been presented with by clients over the years.
Should you require assistance in respect of any motoring offence then our Team, which you can contact through any of the following, will be delighted to assist you: