Alleged Manslaughter | Leeds Crown Court | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors have been instructed to defend a client charged with two counts of manslaughter by gross negligence following a fire in a property.
The case will be heard at Leeds Crown Court.
What Is Gross Negligence Manslaughter? | Kangs National Defence Team
A four stage test as to whether or not the offence has been committed is set out in case law as follows:
- A duty of care to the deceased must have existed;
- There must have been a breach of that duty;
- The breach must have caused or contributed significantly to the death; and
- The breach should be characterised as gross negligence, and therefore a crime.
For more details about the offence and the sentencing consultation follow the link s below:
- The Offence Explained | Gross Negligence Manslaughter | Kangs Solicitors
- Guidance on Manslaughter Sentencing | Kangs Criminal Solicitors
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Health & Safety Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our team through any of the lawyers named below who will be happy to provide you with some initial advice and an informal chat about any of the issues in this article which may be of interest to you.