Delighted Client | Attempted Murder Acquittal | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors recently successfully defended a seventeen year old male who had been charged, alongside others, with attempted murder, violent disorder, wounding with intent, affray and possession of an offensive weapon.
Cagin Husnu of Kangs Solicitors outlines the defence of the prosecution which resulted in a six weeks trial at Birmingham Crown Court.
Defence Preparation | Kangs Criminal Trial Solicitors
By way of preparation:
- regular meetings took place with our client and his family,
- social media and mobile phone messages were analysed in detail,
- a huge volume of CCTV footage and forensic evidence were examined
- there was liaison with our client’s school and school records were obtained to enable character references to be produced to the court.
The Verdict | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
At the end of the trial, the jury deliberated for three days before delivering the following verdicts:
- our client was acquitted of attempted murder and wounding with intent, which would have resulted in a very substantial custodial sentence, had he been convicted
- he was found guilty of wounding without intent and violent disorder as the result of which he received a Detention and Training Order for eighteen months.
- Co-Defendants were found guilty of more serious charges and sentenced to terms of imprisonment of seven years and nine years.
Our client commented:
“Cagin Husnu was a magnificent solicitor and provided a very good and informative service to me – he was reassuring and managed to help me get a great result regarding my case, I can’t thank him enough. He and his firm will be my first recommendation to anybody I know that requires legal advice.”
How Can We Help? | Kangs Criminal Defence Team
At Kangs Solicitors we handle the most serious of cases on a daily basis and have the knowledge and experience to guide you through your proceedings thereby ensuring not only that you are kept fully up to date with all developments surrounding your case but also that you receive appropriate and constructive support.
If you ever find yourself in a position whereby you require advice on any criminal matter then please do not hesitate to contact our team through any of the following: