Delighted Client | Reading Crown Court | Kangs Financial Crime Defence Solicitors
The value of the fraud was in excess of £1.2million.
How We Assisted | Kangs Criminal Defence Preparation Team
- Detailed negotiations were successfully conducted with the Prosecution with the result that they decided not to pursue the allegations of fraud, to which others had pleaded guilty.
- Our client pleaded guilty to money laundering on the basis that he had received less than £40,000.
- We interviewed a number of people who provided character references and collated important documentation for use in mitigation.
The Sentence Hearing | Kangs Criminal Hearing Solicitors
- At the Hearing all of the material collated and documents prepared on behalf of our client was presented to the sentencing Judge.
- Counsel, who had been selected and instructed by Kangs Solicitors, presented a well prepared and detailed mitigation on behalf of our client.
- The Judge handed down to our client a suspended sentence and for which he was absolutely delighted as, not only did he retain his freedom but his business can continue to operate, thereby saving the jobs of at least twenty employees.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Financial Fraud Defence Solicitors
Kangs Fraud Team has a wealth of experience defending clients at all levels accused of being involved in fraud. We understand the potentially devastating effect such an investigation can have on an individual’s career.
We are able to offer discreet, proactive and pragmatic representation to guide you through an investigation of this nature.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field. This year Hamraj Kang was awarded the highest ranking for an individual solicitor as he was ranked as a ‘star individual’ for the fourth year running by the leading legal directory Chambers UK.
In addition the UK Legal 500 recently went on to say:
Hamraj Kang leads the practice and is ‘an exceptional lawyer’ and ‘a true role model for his staff’'.
Hamraj Kang heads the team, he is ‘a master of white-collar crime and fraud work’ and is ‘a very dedicated individual and superbly talented in defending complex fraud cases’.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the following: