Drugs Trial | Successful Outcome | Nottingham Crown Court
Our client was unanimously acquitted of all charges that he faced at Nottingham Crown Court arising from the importation of large amounts of cocaine and cannabis from the Netherlands into the UK.
Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors reports the outcome of the seven week trial.
The Prosecution Case | Kangs Serious Crime Team
As the result of the investigation that was commenced in 2014 by the National Crime Agency, it was alleged that our client and the other Defendants had worked together to import cocaine and cannabis valued at £1.3million into the UK from Holland and that our client had lied during interview.
The investigation involved large scale analysis of telephonic data including cell siting and phone trafficking, the use of social media on mobile phones and analysis of international travel and freight documentation.
Defence Preparation | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
By way of defence preparation Kangs Solicitors:
- meticulously examined the voluminous paperwork that had been served
- attended our client and discussed the allegations with him thoroughly
- recorded his detailed instructions
- carefully selected and instructed specialised counsel
- attended conferences with our client and counsel when all of the issues were discussed.
- conducted enquiries both in the UK and abroad.
- prepared and submitted a detailed Defence Statement at a very early stage outlining the full extent of the defence
The Trial | Kangs National Drug Trial Defence Solicitors
During the course of the Trial it was established that our client:
- had been used by others to take delivery of various parcels, but had not been told that those parcels contained drugs
- had panicked when first arrested, and hence his lie during interview, but
- was able to give a cogent account whilst giving evidence
The Satisfactory Outcome | Kangs Trial Defence Team
Our client was unanimously acquitted by the Jury.
As to be expected, our client was extremely relieved and overjoyed commenting upon and recognising the hard work put in by his experienced defence team.
How Can We Help? | Kangs International Criminal Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we are able to offer a wealth of experience to clients accused of the most serious and grave crimes.
If you are invited to attend an interview with the police, or the National Crime Agency we can provide specialist Solicitors to represent you. We are here to help.
Contact Us | Kangs Solicitors Crime Team
If you require any advice or assistance with regard to any alleged criminal activity then please feel free to contact our team through the following.