Happy Client | Abuse of Process | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors has successfully conducted an abuse of process application before Newcastle Crown Court on behalf of a client charged with VAT fraud arising from the alcohol trade.
John Veale of Kangs Solicitors explains the circumstances.
The Circumstances | Kangs Abuse Of Process Experts
- The fraudulent activity alleged by the Prosecution resembled that to be found in an MTIC ‘carousel fraud’ in that VAT had not been accounted for either because the responsible party had ‘gone missing’ or the VAT number used on invoices belonged to another trader whose details had been ‘hijacked’.
- Our client asserted that he, and his co-defendants, had properly accounted for the VAT for which they were responsible and had not traded dishonestly.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Abuse Of Process Advisory Team
On behalf of our client, and his co-defendants, it was argued before the court that there was an abuse of process in the manner in which the Prosecution had presented its allegations in that:
- the Prosecution had failed to clearly set out its case, was confused in the procedure which it had adopted and had created delay and uncertainty,
- proper disclosure policy and written methodology had not been observed,
- the disclosure management adopted by the Prosecution was defective.
- this conduct had resulted in unacceptable delay in the proceedings with the result that the prosecution was not ready for trial.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs National VAT Solicitors
- Kangs Solicitors instructed a QC to represent our client.
- After several days of detailed argument before the court, the Judge dismissed the Prosecution case.
- Naturally, our client was very happy with the outcome and the detailed preparation conducted by the Kangs Team in pursuit of the successful result which had been achieved.
How Can We Assist You? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Anyone facing any criminal investigation or prosecution should seek immediate advice and guidance from criminal defence experts.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field. He is one of only two solicitors nationally to be ranked as a ‘star individual’ for four consecutive years in the legal directory Chambers & Partners.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and also ranked in Chambers & Partners.
If you are in need of our expert help and advice please do not hesitate to contact our team through: