Successful Outcome | Kangs VAT Fraud Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors have been acting for a client charged with conspiracy to cheat the Revenue contrary to Section 1 Criminal Law Act 1977. The Prosecution valued the alleged fraud at around £20 million.
The Circumstances | Kangs Serious Financial Crime Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors’ client, a man with an unblemished record, was persuaded by an acquaintance to assume the role of director of a company which he operated simply to provide a ‘name over the door’ and to provide ‘respectability’ to the reputation of the company, given that the acquaintance had once been made bankrupt. Our client had a very credible basis for completely believing the circumstances presented to him.
However, according to the Prosecution, the company, totally unknown to our client, allegedly became involved in trading activity designed to defraud the public purse.
Defence Preparation | Tax & Financial Crime Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors defence team:
- examined the substantial amount of material served by the Prosecution
- attended our client on several occasions taking detailed instructions and discussing his position with him
- identified and instructed experienced counsel and attended him in conferences with our client
- prepared a very detailed Defence Statement setting out in full our client’s reasons for denying any knowledge of or involvement in any alleged fraud
- attended with our client at court hearings at all stages of the process.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs National Criminal Defence Team
After five years from instruction by our client and many hours detailed work on his behalf, the Prosecution announced that it was unable to fulfill its duties of disclosure and that no evidence would be produced to the court in furtherance of its allegations, thereby bringing the case to a satisfactory conclusion for our much relieved client, who had endured many years of intense worry.
Our client commented:
‘ I cannot thank you enough for the way you have kept up my spirits over these last few years and will be eternally grateful for the knowledge and skill with which you have dealt with matters’.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
Should you have any questions, or need advice please do not hesitate to contact the team through any of the following: