Delighted Client | Allegations of Harassment Withdrawn
Kangs Solicitors has successfully represented a client who had been arrested and questioned by the Metropolitan Police in respect of allegations of harassment and controlling and coercive behaviour and assault within a domestic relationship.
Helen Holder reports on this successful outcome.
Kangs Solicitors is recognised as one of the leading criminal defence firms in the country and has been providing clients with advice, assistance and representation throughout all stages of criminal prosecution from attendance in police stations through to final resolution, frequently involving Appeal to the Highest Courts.
Following initial arrest in January 2023, our client attended a ‘no comment interview’ without the presence of an experienced solicitor and was released on Police Bail until early April 2023.
Instruction of Kangs Solicitors.
As soon as we had been instructed by our client, the Team at Kangs Solicitors:
- Immediately made contact with the appropriate Police Officer seeking to amend our client’s bail conditions which prevented him from, inter alia, effective contact with his young daughter. Following extensive communications, the bail conditions were successfully varied.
- Took full instructions from our client upon the nature of his relationship and the circumstances leading to the allegations, which he strenuously denied.
- Advised our client upon his position and the appropriate course to adopt to protect his position and defend the allegations.
- Requested a ‘Voluntary Interview’ for our client with the Police in order for him to provide his detailed account of the circumstances. By attending such an Interview and answering questions, our client would thereby avoid any potential ‘Adverse Inferences’ being drawn against him, should the matter proceed to Court.
- As the Police Officer declined to hold a further Interview, thereby depriving our client of the opportunity to place his version of events on record, the Team at Kangs Solicitors drafted a detailed ‘Prepared Statement’ which outlined our client’s Defence which was submitted to the Police for ‘Pre-charge’ consideration.
The Satisfactory Outcome
Having carefully considered the Representations submitted by the Team at Kangs Solicitors, upon review of the circumstances by the Metropolitan Police, it was decided that no further action was to be taken and the proposed case against our client was closed.
Our client was delighted and highly relieved by this outcome.
His contract of employment states that upon being charged with any criminal offence, he would be immediately dismissed from his employment, even if he was later acquitted.
How Can We Assist?
As evidenced by the above, it is extremely important to be pro-active when faced with or defending any form of Police Investigation.
The Team at Kangs Solicitors is recognised nationally for its expertise in assisting clients facing allegations of criminal activity of all types. We will prepare for and attend you at Interview, and, thereafter, if necessary, conduct your defence diligently in the pursuit of the best possible outcome.
We can provide initial support where:
- you have been contacted by the Police, or other investigating authority, to attend an Interview on a ‘Voluntary Basis’. We will liaise with the Investigating Officer on your behalf and attend with you at the Interview.
- you have been arrested and taken to the Police Station. You are entitled to request legal advice and assistance when you arrive at the Police Station or by friends or family on your behalf.
- you have already been interviewed, we will
Our 24/7 Rapid Response Team is able to attend Police Stations nationwide at short notice and is here to assist you on 07989 521 210.
We welcome enquiries by telephone or email and provide an initial no obligation consultation from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Alternatively, we provide initial consultations by telephone or video conferencing. If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Team through any of the following, who will be pleased to hear from you: