Kangs Solicitors has successfully represented a client who, after a long battle against various alleged immigration offences and allegations of fraud, was advised by the Prosecution on the morning of Trial at Manchester Crown Court that no evidence would be offered against him.
Nazaqat Maqsoom of Kangs Solicitors reports on the case.
The Case | Kangs Criminal Offences Defence Solicitors
- Our client was charged, with a number of other Defendants, of being involved in a large conspiracy involving facilitating immigration and other immigration related offences which case was being prosecuted by the International Justice and Organised Crime Division of the CPS.
- Our client faced thirteen counts on the indictment and a trial date was set for September 2018.
- Following detailed preparation by the Kangs team, including conferences with our client and counsel selected and instructed on his behalf, a successful court application resulted in the Prosecution conceding that a number of the counts were not sustainable and which reduced those remaining to six counts.
- In September 2018 the Trial commenced but had to be aborted due to unforeseen circumstances and the case was relisted for September 2019.
- It became apparent that there existed material that had not been previously disclosed and a member of the Kangs team attended the Home Office and inspected a number of files
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Organised & Serious Crime Defence Solicitors
- On the first day of the Trial, the Prosecution offered no evidence against our client.
- The Judge recorded not guilty verdicts in respect of all counts and our client was acquitted of all the matters that he faced.
- Naturally, our client was overjoyed with by the outcome.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Immigration & Criminal Offences Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we offer a wealth of experience defending clients accused of the most serious and grave crimes. Our Organised and Serious Crime Team has a proven track record of successfully defending individuals charged in large scale conspiracies.
We can ensure that your case is managed and dealt with in the best possible way so that your position is protected throughout and that you are fully advised in relation to the best course of action.
If you have been invited to attend an interview with the Police, National Crime Agency, Home Office, UK Borders Agency, Serious Fraud office or any other Government Agency we can provide a specialist solicitor to represent you.
Who Can I Contact For Assistance? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our team through any of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you: