Client Not Guilty | Birmingham Crown Court | Kangs Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors has secured not guilty verdicts for a client charged with a number of offences.
Steven Micklewright of Kangs Solicitors discusses the case.
The Circumstances | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Our client faced the following four counts;
- Threatening another with an article with a blade or point (axe)
- Possession of an offensive weapon (ammonia)
- Possession of a bladed article (blade)
- Going Equipped
There were a number of difficulties in the case, not least, because there was evidence from two security officers in relation to offences 1 and 4 and our client was found in possession of the items mentioned in 2 and 3 by police offices.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Criminal Trial Preparation Team
- All of the material served by the Prosecution, including CCTV evidence was thoroughly examined.
- Detailed instructions were taken from our client.
- Representations were made to the Prosecution that the evidence upon which reliance was being made was defective in that it had failed to produce material evidence and the CCTV evidence failed to show or support the events alleged.
- Following our detailed and forceful representations that our client was in lawful possession of the ammonia and was unaware of the bladed article that had been secreted inside a borrowed jacket, the Crown decided to offer no evidence at all with the result that formal ‘Not Guilty Verdicts‘ were entered thereby allowing our client to leave court a free man.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Our experienced team of Solicitors has the expertise and in-depth knowledge to assist our clients in defending all types of alleged criminal offences and do so throughout the country on a daily basis.
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any allegations of criminal activity, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: