Confiscation Proceedings Discontinued | Kangs POCA Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors recently defended a client who had been served with confiscation proceedings pursuant to the Proceeds Of Crime Act (2002), (‘POCA’).
These proceedings followed a trial at Southwark Crown Court, arising from a multi-million pounds conspiracy to import class A drugs.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs POCA Proceedings Defence Team
On behalf of our client we:
- examined all of the material served by the Prosecution in support of their claim
- took detailed instructions from our client and considered the position as it presented
- prepared and submitted a Statement of Information, pursuant to section 18 of POCA
- prepared and presented written representations to the Prosecution detailing our client’s position
- successfully negotiated with the Prosecution, persuading them not to further pursue the POCA proceedings
- ensured that no finding of ‘benefit’ will be made against our client for the purposes of POCA.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Confiscation Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors are ranked nationally for POCA and asset forfeiture work. The team is led by Hamraj Kang, with the Chambers & Partners Directory recently quoting;
“Hamraj Kang is a standout lawyer for POCA work. His technical knowledge is impressive, combined with his passion and client care”
“Kangs has a team of POCA lawyers with considerable experience and strength in depth. The high quality multi-million pound work that the firm is regularly instructed in, is indicative of the high-quality lawyers that work in the team”
Our POCA team can assist with the following:
- Section 23 POCA Applications (to vary the available assets figure after a Confiscation Order has been made)
- Advising third parties who are made subject to Confiscation Orders or Restraint Orders
- Representation in relation to pre-charge and post-charge restraint proceedings
- Cash seizure and forfeiture
- Preparing for contested cash seizure proceedings in the Magistrates’ Court ’
Who Should I Contact For Assistance? | Kangs POCA Defence Solicitors
If you are subject to Confiscation Proceedings, a Restraint Order or any other application pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, please do not hesitate to contact one of the following for an initial consultation: