Inheritance Tax | Crackdown On Evasion | Kangs Tax Fraud Solicitors
It has been revealed that HM Revenue & Customs (‘HMRC’) has launched a crackdown on Inheritance Tax (‘IHT’) evasion, which may result in a large number of people finding themselves subject to investigation and possible liability for payment of substantial fines.
The Position | Kangs Tax Offences Defence Team
- It is estimated that one in four estates are now investigated for suspected IHT avoidance.
- Last year twenty-two thousand estates were liable for payment of IHT across the UK.
- The affairs of more than five thousand five hundred and thirty estates were investigated by HMRC.
- Where HMRC evidence complete evasion or an underpayment of IHT it will require the shortfall to be recovered from the estate.
- In addition, a substantial financial penalty will be imposed and recovered from the estate.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Tax Fraud Defence Solicitors
If you have been contacted by HMRC it is essential to seek specialist legal advice at an early stage.
Who Should I Contact? | Kangs National Tax Fraud Solicitors
If you require legal advice please contact any one of the following for a free consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester: