POCA Proceedings | Legal Argument Success | Kangs Solicitors
Further to his article carrying a similar title and which was reported on October 11th 2017, Nazaqat Maqsoom reports on the Judgement which has now been received from the court.
The Legal Arguments Hearing | Kangs Confiscation Defence Solicitors
As outlined in the previous article the arguments advanced concerned:
- whether or not the case should be classed as a ‘lifestyle offence’ (as it does not fall within the statutory definition of ‘Criminal Lifestyle’)
- whether or not our client had benefitted from the criminal conduct as the monies had been paid into a company account over which our client had no control.
- whether or not the ‘corporate veil’ was operative in this instance.
The Judgement | Kangs POCA Solicitors
The Judge ruled:
- the case should not be classed as a `lifestyle offence'
- our client had not benefitted from the criminal conduct
- the company had benefitted from the criminal conduct
Having successfully advanced these legal arguments on behalf of our client, we now await the outcome of the final hearing.
How We May Help You | Kangs National Financial Crime Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we have a dedicated team specialising in all aspects of financial proceedings including POCA, Asset Forfeiture and Restraint Order work and we are happy to provide clients and fellow professionals with an initial no obligation consultation.
We are, as a matter of course, instructed by clients requiring assistance throughout the whole of the country from our London, Birmingham and Manchester offices.
If you need any assistance in regard to confiscation, please do not hesitate to contact our team through any one of the following: