POCA Proceedings Success | Stafford Crown Court | Kangs POCA Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors have recently successfully represented a client, who had previously been convicted of a drugs related offence, in connection with proceedings brought against him under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’).
Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors reports the outcome of the proceedings.
The Prosecution Case | Kangs National POCA Defence Team
It was alleged that our client had benefited financially to the tune of £773,215,92.00 as the result of his criminal conduct.
Additionally, the Prosecution maintained that our client had assets totalling £20,067.87 with the result that he would have to sell his home.
How We Assisted | Kangs Solicitors POCA Experts
- All of the available financial material was analysed and assessed;
- Detailed instructions were taken from our client;
- All of the relevant procedural documents setting out our client’s position were meticulously prepared;
- A valuation of our clients property was obtained;
- Detailed negotiations were conducted with the Prosecution.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Confiscation Solicitors
- Our client’s alleged benefit from criminal conduct was very substantially reduced from £773,215,92.00 to the sum of £20,067.87.
- As the result of our submissions, we succeeded in securing an agreement that the available amount to our client for settlement of his debt was £67.87
- Accordingly, our client was not forced to sell his home.
Our client was, understandably, very pleased with this outcome.
How Can We Help? | Kangs National Financial Crime Solicitors
POCA /Confiscation Proceedings are extremely complex matters requiring patience, attention to detail and considerable analytical skills.
We have conducted many such cases ranging in value from millions of pounds to comparatively modest amounts and we have a wealth of experience in this field.
Kangs Solicitors’ complex crime and regulatory team provides a national service.
We have extensive experience of dealing with cases investigated and prosecuted by all the major prosecuting authorities such as the SFO, FCA, HMRC, CPS, Trading Standards, Environment Agency etc.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Financial Crime Solicitors
If you are an individual, sole trader, partnership or company, we are here to assist you manage your contact with the prosecuting authority and advise you on any confiscation proceedings.
Our expert team of Solicitors can be contacted through any one of the following: