Successful Appeal | Kangs Criminal Sentence Appeal Solicitors
Subsequent to our article posted to our website on 17th September 2019 in which we reported the imprisonment of a former high profile footballer for failing to provide a specimen for analysis, we now comment upon the successful appeal that has taken place.
Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors comments.
The Subsequent Events | Kangs Motoring Offences Defence Team
Having received a ten week custodial sentence, Dean Saunders served one day in prison before a successful application for bail was made on his behalf, pending the hearing of his Appeal.
The Appeal was heard before Chester Crown Court when:
- the original sentence was quashed and replaced with ten weeks imprisonment, suspended for eighteen months,
- Saunders was ordered to carry out two hundred hours of unpaid work within the community and
- his thirty month road ban remains in place.
At the Hearing, Judge Everett did not criticise the original sentence but took into account:
- that Saunders was now able to undertake unpaid work in the community,
- a number of high profile character witness statements were read out in Court on behalf of Saunders
- the day served in custody,
- his previous good character and
- the prospect of rehabilitation,
all of which enabled him to suspend the sentence.
The Judge also commented that the footage of the arrest of Saunders was available for viewing on YouTube which had caused him much shame and embarrassment and time to reflect upon not only the events of the evening when he was arrested but also his conduct at the Magistrates’ Court, where it appeared he had shown little remorse for the offending.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Motoring Convictions Appeal Solicitors
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the appeals process.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs National Solicitors For Driving Offences
We provide a national service from our offices in Birmingham, London and Manchester.
Please feel free to contact our team through any of our specialist solicitors below who will be happy to offer you expert advice: