‘White Collar’ crime is a generic term used to describe crime which:
- generally, is not associated with physical violence
- derives from historical assumption that clerical and administrative workers and business executives wear white collared shirts
- involves financial crime and commercial fraud such as, by way of a small example, embezzlement, ‘insider trading’, boiler room fraud, money laundering, Ponzi Schemes and tax evasion.
Cybercrime is a prime example of the development of the generic term into the modern age.
How Can We Assist? | Kangs National Financial Crime Defence Solicitors
- Kangs Solicitors has attracted a nationwide reputation for providing clients with the highest quality level of defence representation available when facing prosecutions for financial fraud of all description.
- Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field. He is one of only two solicitors nationally to be ranked as a ‘star individual’ for four consecutive years in the legal directory Chambers & Partners.
- Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and by Chambers & Partners
- Our team assists clients through all aspects of both investigations and prosecutions of financial crime from pre-charge guidance and advice, representation at interviews conducted by the police / HMRC / SFO and other authoritative bodies, through to trial, any necessary appeals and subsequent confiscation proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Our Experience & Track Record | Tax & VAT Fraud Defence Solicitors
- We are recognised as one of the leading white collar crime defence firms in the country.
- We won the prestigious national Legal 500 award – ‘Crime, Fraud and Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019.
- The team at Kangs Solicitors is engaged on a daily basis in trials throughout the country assisting clients facing prosecution and examples of current cases include:
- R v. C [Southwark Crown Court] – One of the leading figures in this multi-handed, multi-million pound boiler room fraud.
- R v. K [Nottingham Crown Court] – Defending a client alleged to be a key player in a multi-million pound ‘Crash for Cash’ scheme.
- R v. O [Wood Green Crown Court] – Defending a client alleged to have cheated Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs of excise duty.
- R v. P [Birmingham Crown Court] – Defending our client alleged to have embezzled funds from her employer.
- SFO investigations [Multiple] – Numerous clients, both in the UK and abroad, currently involved in investigations by the Serious Fraud Office.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | SFO Defence Solicitors
Should you require help and advice, please do not hesitate to contact our team through any of the following: