Oliver qualified as a Barrister in 2007 before then cross qualifying as a Solicitor in 2011.
Before joining Kangs, he trained and practised at two highly respected private client firms, Kingsley Napley LLP and BCL Solicitors, both of which are top ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners Directories.
Oliver’s significant expertise covers civil and criminal litigation as well as regulatory matters. He acts for individuals and corporates being investigated by law enforcement and regulatory bodies, such as the CPS, FCA, GDC, GMC, HCPC, HMRC, NCA and the SRA.
Some examples of his notable cases include advising:
- Multiple Multinational Money Service Businesses regarding HMRC and FCA investigations, proceedings in the Tax Tribunal, and AML and Fit and Proper status issues;
- The board of a publicly listed company following allegations of fraud and misleading shareholders;
- In cross-border multi-million-pound confiscation proceedings and satellite civil litigation;
- Numerous professionals investigated by their regulatory bodies, including a high-profile dentist before the GDC, appeals and satellite bankruptcy proceedings;
- The former director of a professional football club being investigated for fraud and associated civil litigation;
- TV broadcasters on various topics, including terrorism; and
- The Anti-Corruption Committee of Sierra Leone on best practice in investigating and prosecuting allegations of corruption and fraud.
Oliver is regulated by both the SRA and FCA and has Approved Status by the latter as a Fit and Proper Person.
He was awarded both a Major Scholarship and the Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
Oliver is based in our London office and is available to meet with clients either in person or conduct initial conferences by telephone or video conferencing.
Please feel free to get in touch through the following:
Office Tel: 020 7936 6396
HMRC is entitled to check the tax affairs of everyone whether they are individual taxpayers, directors or companies to ensure that the correct amount of tax is being paid. Timothy Thompson of Kangs Solicitors outlines the position. Kangs Solicitors fields a Tax Team...
Over a considerable period of time, a number of articles have been posted to this website explaining the complex provisions contained within various sections of The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’) covering Confiscation Proceedings. Such Confiscation Proceedings,...
In previous articles we have explained various aspects of The Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (‘AWRS’), including the consequences of failing to register and the fit and proper test which has to be satisfied upon application for registration. John Veale of...
Following the widely reported online racial abuse directed against several football players engaged in ‘the Penalty Shootout’, which decided the outcome of the Euros 2020 Football Competition, changes are being called for to extend the power of Football Banning Orders...
It frequently occurs that an individual, for whatever reason, can become involved in a criminal investigation or court proceedings before a Magistrates’ Court or Crown Court with the result that it is necessary to prove to the court that such individual is ‘of good...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH