Premier League Transfers | Alleged Corruption | Kangs Bribery and Corruption Defence Solicitors
Two individuals have been arrested in Belgium in connection with alleged financial corruption affecting the transfers of football players to Premier League Clubs.
The Circumstances | Kangs Bribery and Corruption Team
- The transactions under scrutiny concern the sale of Romelu Lukaku, Aleksander Mitirovic and Leander Dendoncker to Chelsea, Newcastle and Wolverhampton Wanderers respectively.
- The transfers took place during a seven-year period between 2011 and 2018.
- A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police confirmed they had been ‘assisting Belgian authorities with their investigation’.
- The Belgium prosecutor’s office released a statement confirming that the investigations involved alleged ‘money laundering operations and private corruption in the context of football player transfers’.
- It is understood that officials in Monaco have seized a Porsche, a Ferrari, a Range Rover, a yacht, two apartments and seven million euros during the course of their investigation.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Financial Crime Defence solicitors
The team at Kangs Solicitors has vast experience advising clients in relation to allegations of international money laundering, bribery and corruption and tax evasion committed throughout multiple jurisdictions.
Our clients include UK Plc’s, UK and overseas corporate entities, overseas government officials and private individuals. We offer discrete, robust and proactive representation to clients who are the subject of such investigations and prosecutions.
Please feel free to contact our team through any of our solicitors named below, who will be happy to provide you with some initial advice and assistance.