Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
Sexual Offences Solicitors
Our History & Reputation
Kangs Solicitors has a proven track record spanning more than twenty years of successfully representing clients accused of sexual offences.
We have acted in many high-profile investigations such as the wide ranging Metropolitan Police investigation ‘Operation Yewtree’.
Recognised as one of the leading criminal defence firms in the country, we are top ranked in Band 1 and Tier 1 for our work in this area by both the leading legal directories Chambers UK and the Legal 500.
Our reputation as a leading criminal defence firm is further recognised by two further awards:
This is a first-class firm with unrivalled experience, a great track record, an acute attention to detail and a tenacity that clients really rate are features of this firm
Call Us For Confidential Advice
We appreciate the strain on individuals and their families when facing allegations of a sexual nature and we are here to assist you to alleviate such difficulties and pressures.
Our team can be contacted for confidential and discrete advice as follows:
- 020 7936 6396 London
- 0121 449 9888 Birmingham
- 0161 817 5020 Manchester
- 07989 521 210 24 Hours Number
Our Experience & Approach
We understand that:
- allegations of a sexual nature have a serious impact on an individual and those close to them – they often adversely affect relationships with spouses, partners, children and colleague
- there is the potential for reputational damage and an adverse impact on employment prospects or business opportunities for the accused
- the strain of a sexual offence allegation can cause significant mental health issues for the accused
- considerable care and attention is required when dealing with issues of such sensitivity.
We have considerable experience in managing such issues on behalf of clients and guiding them to successful outcomes.
We have actively managed cases involving many similar issues in recent times for a wide variety of clients including:
- politicians and public figures
- professionally qualified clients
- television personalities
- international sports stars including Premier League football players
Which Matters Can We Assist With?
We advise and represent clients in relation to a wide range of sexual allegations ranging from rape, child sex offences, indecent images to revenge porn.
The main legislation governing the majority of sexual offences is the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which applies to all alleged offences committed on or after 1st May 2004.
Our award-winning team has many years’ experience advising in relation to various offences including:
- Assault by penetration
- Sexual assault
- Causing a person to engage in Sexual Activity without Consent
- Offences against children under the age of 13
- Offences against children under the age of 16
- Abuse of Trust allegations
- Familial child sex offences
- Offences committed on those with mental disorders
- Indecent images
- Prostitution and trafficking
- Exposure / voyeurism / intercourse with an animal, a corpse or in a public lavatory
- Sexual offences against an animal or a corpse
- Sexual Offences committed outside of the UK
- Historic Sexual offences and the 1956 Act
- Revenge Porn
- Engaging in sexual communication with a child
We also have considerable experience advising on issues such as:
- Cross-examination of previous sexual behavior
- Sentencing guidelines
- Sexual Harm Prevention Orders (SHPO)
- Sex Offenders Register
Kangs Solicitors is a standout firm whose lawyers are hardworking, highly knowledgeable and great with clients
They are really great lawyers. Their client care is premium
Kangs is a very proactive firm. They are always very quick off the mark in cases, which provides clients with great reassurance. They are always available to meet with clients at short notice, which is invaluable as often the advice being sought is urgent
The Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 introduced Sexual Risk Orders (‘an Order’) which are controversial to the extent that an Application for an Order can be made even if the subject of the Application has not been convicted or cautioned for a sexual...
‘Grooming’ is the generic description currently used to describe the conduct of a paedophile or group of paedophiles when preparing a child or children for a meeting with the intention of committing a sexual offence. The methods of approach adopted include social...
On the 12th April 2019, the offence commonly known as ‘Upskirting’ became a criminal offence by virtue of the Voyeurism Act 2019 (‘the Act’). Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors comments generally. The Law | Kangs Solicitors Sexual Offences Advisory Team The Act...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully represented a client by obtaining a variation to a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (‘SHPO’) which was ordered at Croydon Crown Court in 2017. Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors reports on the circumstances. The Circumstances | Kangs Sexual...
Following the collapse of a number of rape cases in recent times, including several of a ‘high profile nature’, as the result of the late disclosure of digital evidence which was discovered to seriously undermine the prosecution, police and prosecutors are seeking to...
This has been a very harrowing experience for me and my family. There have been some very dark moments over the last 12 months or so but I have had to stay strong in order to fight these false allegations. I have been helped enormously by my solicitors who have dealt with my matter with patience and great diligence. The support I received during the trial was fantastic and I would like to extend a special thank you to them.
How Can We Help You?
Our team of specialist solicitors provide the following services:
- a preliminary consultation to provide an initial assessment of your case
- representation at a voluntary interview under caution
- representation at an interview under caution following arrest
- preparation of pre-charge representations to the CPS or Police
- representation in Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court proceedings
- advice on the choice of barrister or QC as cross-examination of the complainant and other prosecution witnesses in court proceedings is often a key element in such cases. We have a strong working relationship with the finest criminal barristers and QCs in the country.
I contacted Kangs Solicitors having been arrested for an allegation of rape.
I was in complete shock at what had happened as I had been falsely accused and I needed immediate experienced legal support.
Upon meeting the senior partner of Kangs Solicitors, Hamraj Kang, I felt that they immediately understood my situation due to their considerable experience dealing with such cases.
I was very comfortable with the way they sympathetically explained how they could assist me and what I would need to do with their help to prepare my case.
My case was prepared to an exceptionally high standard.
Kangs selected the perfect barrister for my situation in order to fight my case.
I am just so thankful that I instructed Kangs Solicitors as they really have made a huge difference to my life.
A Proven Track Record in Serious Sexual Offence Cases
Many of our cases remain confidential but we are proud of our record of success and a small sample of cases conducted by our team is below:
- Jury Acquit Client In Fifty Minutes At Warwick Crown Court
- ‘Not Guilty’ Verdicts In Sex Offences Case
- Rape Trial | ‘Not Guilty’ Verdict At Snaresbrook Crown Court
- Successful Historical Sex Charge Defence
- Client Cleared of Rape At Wood Green Crown Court
- Not Guilty Verdicts In Rape Trial
- Not Guilty’ Verdicts After 12- Day Trial
- Client Cleared of Historic Rape Allegations
- Client Avoids Custodial Sentence
Who Can I Contact For Help?
Our expert 24/7 Rapid Response Police Station Team is here to assist you on 07989 521 210 should you require advice and assistance out of office hours.
Hamraj Kang leads an award-winning team of lawyers nationally recognised for its excellence and expertise in the area of sexual offences investigations and prosecutions.
We welcome enquiries by telephone or email.
We provide an initial no obligation consultation from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Alternatively, we provide initial consultations by telephone or video conferencing.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH