At Kangs Solicitors our Sexual Allegations Defence Team has considerable experience in dealing with such cases and has worked on many high profile cases including involvement in operations such as the wide-ranging Metropolitan Police Investigation Operation Yewtree.
We enjoy a national reputation for providing a personal service of unrivalled quality and are regularly instructed to represent individuals charged with historic sexual offences.
We are ranked in Band 1 and Tier 1 for our work in this area by the legal directories Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 respectively.
What The Journals Say:
“Kangs Solicitors is a standout firm whose lawyers are hardworking, highly knowledgeable and great with clients”
Legal 500 | 2017 Edition
“They are really great lawyers. Their client care is premium”
Chambers & Partners | 2018 Edition
“Kangs is a very proactive firm. They are always very quick off the mark in cases, which provides clients with great reassurance. They are always available to meet with clients at short notice, which is invaluable as often the advice being sought is urgent”
Chambers & Partners | 2018 Edition
We understand the strain put upon individuals when defending allegations of a sexual nature and will assist to alleviate and make bearable the possible obstructions to daily life.
Allegations of a sexual nature can have a serious impact on an individual and those around them. They can affect relationships with spouses / partners, children, colleagues and the wider public notwithstanding the potential damage to reputation, employment and employment opportunities.
We have considerable experience in managing the above situations and assisting our clients through what can be a very traumatic time in their lives.
We have a proven track record of successfully defending such allegations and can provide robust and comprehensive advice and guidance from the offset. We can represent you at the police station stage up to trial and ensure that your position is protected throughout.
What Are The Main Offences?
There is a wide range of sexual offences from rape, child sex offences, indecent images to revenge porn.
The main legislation is the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which applies to all offences committed on or after the 1st May 2004.
Our Sexual Allegations Defence Team has many years’ experience dealing with such offences as:
- Assault by penetration
- Sexual assault
- Causing a person to engage in Sexual Activity without Consent
- Offences against children under the age of 13
- Offences against children under the age of 16
- Abuse of Trust allegations
- Familial child sex offences
- Offences committed on those with mental disorders
- Indecent images
- Prostitution and trafficking
- Exposure / voyeurism / intercourse with an animal, a corpse or in a public lavatory
- Sexual Offences committed outside of the UK
- Historic Sexual offences and the 1956 Act
- Revenge Porn
- Engaging in sexual communication with a child
And considerable experience in dealing with issues such as:
- Cross-examination of previous sexual behavior
- Sentencing guidelines
- Ancillary orders such as Serious Harm Prevention Orders and the Sex Offenders Register
Why Choose Kangs Solicitors?
The law in relation to sexual offences is very technical and when facing allegations of a sexual nature a client expects to have the utmost confidence in their solicitor.
Kangs Solicitors have a team of specialist solicitors with years of experience in defending clients accused of the wide spectrum of sexual offences.
We can assist and provide representation in relation to the following:
- voluntary interview under caution on suspicion of a sexual offence
- interview under caution following an arrest
- post interview advice and assistance
- pre-charge representations to the CPS/Police
- representation in Court proceedings (Magistrates Court and Crown Court)
- choosing the right barrister/QC for the case
The choice of advocate is extremely important in sexual cases where often the cross-examination of the complainant is pivotal.
Kangs Solicitors have extremely good relationships with eminent QC’s and junior barristers across the country in this field who we will specifically choose tailored to the needs of your case to represent you at Court.
Our Track Record in Serious Sexual Offence Cases
For a sample of the recent sexual offences cases the team at Kangs has defended, please see below:
- Jury Acquit Client In Fifty Minutes At Warwick Crown Court
- ‘Not Guilty’ Verdicts In Sex Offences Case
- Rape Trial | ‘Not Guilty’ Verdict At Snaresbrook Crown Court
- Successful Historical Sex Charge Defence
- Client Cleared of Rape At Wood Green Crown Court
- Not Guilty Verdicts In Rape Trial
- Not Guilty’ Verdicts After 12- Day Trial
- Client Cleared of Historic Rape Allegations
- Client Avoids Custodial Sentence
What Do Our Clients Say About Us?
‘This has been a very harrowing experience for me and my family. There have been some very dark moments over the last 12 months or so but I have had to stay strong in order to fight these false allegations. I have been helped enormously by my solicitors Hamraj Kang and Frances Murray who have dealt with my matter with patience and great diligence. The support I received during the trial was fantastic and I would like to extend a special thank you to them.’
‘I contacted Kangs Solicitors having been arrested for an allegation of rape. I was in complete shock at what had happened as I had been falsely accused and I needed immediate experienced legal support.
Upon meeting the senior partner of Kangs Solicitors, Hamraj Kang, and his colleague Frances Murray, I felt that they immediately understood my situation due to their considerable experience dealing with such cases.
I was very comfortable with the way they sympathetically explained how they could assist me and what I would need to do with their help to prepare my case.
Frances Murray prepared my case to an exceptionally high standard. She was with me all the way through the proceedings and nothing was too much trouble for her.
Kangs selected the perfect barrister for my situation in order to fight my case.
I am just so thankful that I instructed Kangs Solicitors as they really have made a huge difference to my life.
Who Can I Contact?
Please feel free to contact our team through any of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you: