Health & Food Hygiene | Kangs National Regulatory Solicitors
The owner of a Midlands based restaurant was recently fined £3,500 at Nuneaton Warwickshire Justice Centre after an inspection revealed a number of food hygiene breaches.
Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors comments.
The Circumstances | Kangs Food Hygiene Solicitors
Food Safety Inspectors carried out several checks at the restaurant revealing:
- cooking utensils lying on the floor
- the kitchen wash basin had no running hot water
- spiders in a store room
- mould on the kitchen walls and between seals to the kitchen and chest freezer
- the rear yard was littered with food waste and packaging
- the kitchen’s insectocuter was switched off and full with dead insects.
The Court Proceedings | Kangs Food Safety & Hygiene Defence Solicitors
At the Hearing, the restaurant owner pleaded guilty to seven food hygiene offences and the Court imposed:
- a fine of £500 for each offence totalling £3,500
- costs totalling £913 and a
- criminal court charge and a victim surcharge.
After the hearing, Councilor Lisa Parker, was quoted to have said:
“Food businesses which cut corners on hygiene put the public’s health at risk and we have no hesitation in prosecuting businesses which refuse to work with us to meet safety standards”.
“Our food safety team offers advice and support to businesses so owners can understand the legislation and the steps needed to meet hygiene standards”.
“I’d urge all food businesses to contact us for help rather than risk a day in Court”.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Environmental Health Solicitors
As is clear from the case above, the Courts are not afraid to impose large fines in recognition of the serious threat to public health that unhygienic and unsafe operations pose.
Our specialist solicitors are able to provide advice and assistance throughout the entire criminal process.
Sample of our recent cases:
- Successful Outcome | Kangs Food Safety & Hygiene Solicitors
- Exceptional Result | Kangs Food Safety & Hygiene Solicitors
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our team through any of our solicitors named below who will be happy to provide you with some initial advice and assistance.